Previously, I received my Ph.D. from the University of Southern California in 2016, advised by Prof. Ram Nevatia. I completed my bachelor degree in Computer Science at Tsinghua University in 2011. I did research internships at Google and Facebook.
My ongoing research projects involve learning multimodal representation and visual commonsense from unlabeled videos, to recognize human activities, objects, and their interactions over time, and to transfer the representation to embodied agents. I believe multimodal learning is a pathway for computer vision to help language understanding, robotics, and cognitive science.
I am looking for highly motivated students to join my lab at Brown, please find information for prospective students.
- CSCI 1470 and 2470, Deep Learning, Fall 2021 and 2022.
- CSCI 2952-N, Advanced Topics in Deep Learning, Spring 2022.
- ICASSP 2022, Short course on Multimodal Transformers, May 2022.
- CSCI 2950-K, Special Topics in Computational Linguistics, Fall 2020.
- Apoorv Khandelwal (Presidential Fellow, co-advised with Ellie Pavlick)
- Calvin Luo
- Nate Gillman (Co-advised with Carsten Eickhoff)
- Shijie Wang
- Tian Yun (Co-advised with Ellie Pavlick)
- Yuan Zang
- Usha Bhalla (class of 2022 at Brown, now PhD student at Harvard CS)
- Emily Byun (class of 2021 at Brown, now PhD student at CMU RI)
- Jake Sokol (class of 2021 at Brown, now at a startup)
- Michael Mao (class of 2021 at Brown, now software engineer at Microsoft)
- Trang Dang (ExploreCSR 2021, undergrad at NJIT)
- Girish Ganesan (ExploreCSR 2021, undergrad at Rutgers)
- Area Chair, CVPR 2020, 2021, and 2022.
- Area Chair, ECCV 2022.
- Senior PC, AAAI 2021, and 2022.
- Area Chair, WACV 2017, and 2018.